WC 12th October
Year 1 parents
We have put together a small pack with some work for you to complete over the next week. This is mainly recapping what we have learnt and focussing on key skills Year 1 skills.
Maths – Place value
- Please practice counting forwards and backwards to 50.
- Find one more or one less than a number to 50.
- Practice sounding out and writing numbers in words to 20.
- Forming numbers the correct way around.
- Write a recount of our key story ‘Giraffes can’t Dance’.
- Sounding out words and writing short sentences.
- Making sure letters are sitting on the line.
- Practice leaving finger spaces between words.
- Use Spelling shed for games.
- Recap phase 3 sounds.
- Practice all the phonics tests (these will include phase 3 sounds only at this stage).
- Use active learn to read books.
Stay safe and we hope to see you all very soon.
Miss Naaz and Miss Dorward