Mrs Whitehead & Mr Jurd hope you will enjoy looking at our work and activities throughout the coming term. Our support staff are Ms Khan, Mr Warner, Mrs Malek and Mrs Morris-Hughs.
This term the children will be studying humans and other animals as well as living things and their habitats in science. In Topic lessons we will look at Ancient Egypt and comparing the landscape and climates of the USA. We are using Scratch to write and debug our own programs and we are also learning to sing and write our own rap songs our music lessons, as well as improvise jazz.
Every Friday we go to Richard Dunn Sports Centre for swimming lessons.
Homework is handed out on Thursdays and is returned on the following Wednesday.
Here are some useful links. Your child will have been given log-in details.
Ways to help at home:
- Make sure your child arrives at school ready to learn and on time.
- Ensure your child has correct school uniform, PE kit and swimming kit.
- Help your child complete their Homework Menu every week.
- Read daily with your child from their school reading book, sign their reading record and send to school so their book can be changed.
- Practise number bonds, times tables and matching division facts.
- Practise the skills found in the booklet: ‘End of Year 5 Expectations’ with your child.