Miss Hayes & Mrs Holdsworth hope you will enjoy looking at our work and activities throughout the coming term. Miss Hayes teaches 5 Joseph Priestley and Mrs Holdsworth teaches 5 Helen Sharman. Our support staff are Mrs Akhtar and Mrs Khan.
This term, the children will be studying Forces and Properties and Changes of Materials in science. In History, we will be looking at the exciting topic of World War Two and how it affected Britain. In Geography, we will be studying Mountains. We will be looking at the tallest mountains in the world and also looking at how they are represented on a map.
Our PE lessons are on a Wednesday morning and a Friday afternoon. Please ensure your child has the correct PE kit in school.
Homework is handed out on Friday and is returned by the following Wednesday.
Here are some useful links. Your child will have been given log-in details.
Ways to help at home:
- Make sure your child arrives at school ready to learn and on time.
- Ensure your child has correct school uniform, PE kit and swimming kit.
- Help your child complete their Homework every week.
- Read daily with your child from their school reading book, sign their reading record and send to school so their book can be changed.
- Practise number bonds, times tables and matching division facts.
- Practise the skills found in the booklet: ‘End of Year 5 Expectations’ with your child.