Mr Murphy and Mrs Foster hope you will enjoy looking at our work and activities throughout your child's time in Year 5. Mr Murphy teaches 5HS, supported by Mrs Kittsen, Mrs Kauser and Miss Wachnuik. You will find Mrs Foster in 5JP with Mrs Akhtar and Mrs Khan.
You can use the Curriculum Overview tab to find out more about what is happening in your child's class. If you have any questions about this, please speak to the class teacher. This half-term (Spring 1), our curriculum focus is Geography.
Over the Spring and Summer terms, all of Year 5 will be participating in the Young Leaders Award, organised by The Archbishop of York Youth Trust! Look out for how we 'be the change we want to see' and discuss with your child what we have been up to in class!
5HS have P.E. on a Monday afternoon.
5JP have P.E. on a Thursday afternoon.
Please make sure your child has their P.E. kit in school on these days.
Here are some useful links. Your child will have been given log-in details.
Ways to help at home:
- Make sure your child arrives at school ready to learn and on time.
- Ensure your child has correct school uniform and PE kit.
- Help your child complete their Homework every week.
- Read daily with your child from their school reading book, sign their reading record and send to school so their book can be changed.
- Practise number bonds, times tables and matching division facts.
- Practise the skills found in the booklet: ‘End of Year 5 Expectations’ with your child.