Welcome to all of our parents, carers and pupils of Year 4.
Teaching Class 4 Barbara Hepworth is Mrs Mir and Mrs Shaw. Teaching Class 4 David Hockney is Miss Haughin. Our Learning Support Assistants are Mrs Malek, Miss Talia and Mrs Briggs.
In English we are reading the book ‘Christophe’s Story.’ At the end of the unit, the children will be writing a letter. We will be looking at the features of a letter and will also be looking at including the writing skills of fronted adverbials, conjunctions, adverbs, expanded noun phrases.
In Maths the children will be learning multiplication and division facts and looking for patterns in the different times tables. They will then move onto fractions where they will be learning about equivalent fractions, ordering fractions and adding and subtracting fractions.
This half term our topic is ‘On Tap.’
In Geography, we will be ﬁnding out:
- About the water cycle and how rain is made
- How water gets to our taps and where it goes to after we have used it
- What causes water pollution and what can be done about it
In Science, we will be ﬁnding out:
- About bottled water and how it compares to tap water
- Making a water cycle
In International, we will be ﬁnding out:
- How some people around the world do not have access to clean water
- How we can help to improve the lives of people in poorer countries
In History, we will be finding out:
- How access to water has changed over the years