Applying for a secondary school place for September 2019
• If you live in the Bradford district and are the parent or guardian of a child in Year 6, you will need to apply for a place at secondary school for September 2019. (Your child will have been born between 1st September 2007 and 31st August 2008)
• You should apply using the Bradford online application system at
• If you have never applied for a school place online before, you will need to register to use the system. You do not need to register again if you have used the system before and can remember your login details.
• When you apply online and enter the Unique Identification number (UID) already sent home to you in a letter from school, all your child’s details will be completed automatically.
. You need to have completed this online application by 31st October 2018.
• If you apply online you will receive the offer of a school place on 1 March 2019 by email.
• If you are unable to apply online, a paper application form will be available from the Admissions Team. They can be contacted at Margaret McMillan Tower, Princes Way, Bradford, BD1 1NN. Telephone: 01274 439200. Email: email@example.com
• The paper application form must be returned to the Admissions Team by 31 October 2018.
• You are advised to collect as much information as possible about the schools in which you are interested, particularly their admissions policy and whether Supplementary Information Forms (SIF) and assessments are required.
• You are advised to attend secondary school open evenings.
• You are advised to use all five preferences on your application. If you only use one and do not qualify for a place at that school, you will be allocated a school with an available space after all allocations have been made and this may not be local.
• Further help and advice is available from the Admissions Team, the Bradford Council website and any Bradford secondary or primary school.
It is important that your application for secondary school is submitted on time, therefore if you need support, please ask us.
. We are happy to offer sessions where we can support parents to complete the form, using the computers in school. These sessions will be on Monday and Tuesday mornings in October. Please ring Diane Lock or Kay Remmer to book a slot.