Skip to content ↓

Does my child have a disability?

Government guidance defines SEN as:

Special educational needs (SEN) that affect a child’s ability to learn.

Where to get information

The advice from the range guidance within this Local Offer highlight the expectations of difficulties for a child at each range. This guidance also gives you examples of the type of support your child will be getting at each range.

 Who to talk to

If you think your child may have special educational needs you could raise this with your child’s class teacher or the ‘Inclusion Coordinator, or ‘SENCO.’ At St Matthew’s, this is Miss Keates. We also arrange drop ins for parents to seek advice from the Parental Involvement Officer (Mrs Lock), the School Nurse  and SENCO (Miss Keates.) Please feel free to see us at one of these sessions to discuss any concerns or information you may need.